Purpose: To Honor Post and District Chaplains for their commitment and service to our veterans.
The following are the criteria for Chaplain of the Year Award:
• Must be serving or have served as either Post or District Chaplain.
• Be recognized for a positive impact on veterans in the community and for contributing to furthering the goals of the VFW.
• Focus shall be on ministering to other veterans and their families.
Nominations can be made by any Post or District Officer. Please provide the following details:
• Nominations must be submitted to the State Chaplain no later than March 31st.
• The written nomination should be no more than 2 pages
• Include a list of accomplishments and/ or community events participated in (ie. Volunteering for community, hospital visits, nursing home visits, etc.)
• Tell why you feel the Chaplain should be honored. Include the nominee’s cap size and phone number.
• Department judges will be 1 District Chaplain, 1 Past Department Commander, and 1 member at large.
• The Chaplain selected by the judges will be notified by the State and announced at the State Convention Awards Banquet.