Originally founded in 1899 as the American Veterans of Foreign Service, the Veterans 
of Foreign Wars continues to be a voice for returning and currently deployed service members and their families. The Veterans of Foreign Wars is dedicated to supporting those who sacrifice so much for this country, veterans, service members in the US Armed Forces, and their families.
Certified Advocates
Throughout the State of Washington and at the VA Regional Office in Seattle, VFW Service Officers that are Accredited and Certified by the VA fight for the rights of our Nations veterans on a daily basis.  These highly trained professionals, specializing in all programs administered by the VA stand ready and willing to provide whatever assistance is required!  These services are available at no cost to veterans or their dependents! Nor does one have to be a member of the VFW to receive our services.
From a simple request of a discharge document to a case with complicated issues that may require extensive medical and Court Cases research, we will exhaust all means to obtain a favorable decision.  In the event a claim is denied we will represent the case through the appellate process to the Board of Veterans Appeals (VBA) and if not successful to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) if warranted.
What We Will Do
  • We will identify the benefits that pertain to you.
  • We will provide you with free expert advice regarding your case.
  • We will provide you with literature and information to further discover additional entitlement programs.
  • We will file for benefits from all levels of eligibility.
  • Finally, we will advocate on your behalf through the appeal process if this should become necessary.

Our well-trained, VA Accredited VFW Representatives are ready to assist you.  We have VFW Representatives located throughout the State of Washington.

VFW Field Coverage:

Seattle Regional Office M - F 7:00 - 3:30 pm 206-341-8284 VFW.VBASEA@VA.GOV No In-Person

Todd Gruchalla        

Sharon Wines          

Nakeisha Jones          

George Colon          

Eric Wilkinson          


Vancouver M - F 7:30-4:00 pm 360-696-4583 Phone Appts Only

Rachel Rustad      

Lisa Neibert          


Seattle VA Hospital T, Th, F 7:30 - 4:00 pm 206-341-8284 Working from home

Randy Clawson      


Mount Vernon CBOC Closed due to COVID Contact Everett Currently Closed

Everett Vet Center M - F 7:30 - 4:00 pm 425-740-2703 No In-Person

Riannon James  


Fife M - F 7:00 - 4:00 pm 253-344-5985 Appointments Only

Jay Phillips          

Roslyn Miller          


Yakima M - F 7:00 - 4:30 509-654-7191    

Nadine Warren No In-Person

Annette Buck No In-Person


Retsil-Port Orchard M - F 8:00 - 4:30 pm 206-341-8284 Currently Closed

  Currently closed due to COVID-19, contact Seattle or send email.  


Spokane Vet Center M - F 7:00-5:30 pm 509-444-8387    

Cheri Knox No In-Person

Will Sampson No In-Person